A downloadable DS homebrew tool
Flipnote Studio Player for Nintendo DS
This ROM allows you to play flipnotes on Nintendo DS (Lite) using your flashcard.
How to use
- Create a new folder named
/flipnotesat the root of your SD card
- Copy your favorite flipnotes to
FSPDS.ndsanywhere to your SD card
- Insert your flashcard into the DS, then turn on the console
- Select a file from the menu using the D-pad
Ato play it
Rbuttons to navigate through bottom-screen tabs
- FSPDS doesn't detect/play flipnotes larger than 1MB (this is intentional behavior)
- Don't place more than 1024 files in the
/flipnotesdirectory, otherwise FSPDS won't be capable to see them all (also intentional behavior, probably will be changed in the future)
- The flipnote's BGM track should be smaller than 512KB in order to be played correctly.
- Guys from DSiBrew and Flipnote Collective for their awesome documentation on .PPM file format.
- devkitPro for their compiler, ndslib and examples
- The authors behind GodMode9i for the idea of overwriting character fonts
- Drenn1/GameYob repo for helping me figure out how to work with makefiles.
- RinLovesYou for her ADPCM to PCM Decode() method from PPMLib
- In screenshots: Thumbnail of one of the sample flipnotes (Cat on a skateboard) displayed by FSPDS, Capture of "eBay Song" flipnote by RANDOM☆GUY played by FSPDS
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.